Free Case EvaluationComplete the form below and we will promptly respond to you with your free case evaluation.
For more than 50 years, the attorneys at Nelson Personal Injury, LLC have helped Minnesotans reclaim control of their lives after being involved in accidents and sustaining personal injuries.
We aim to help each client recover the full compensation they are entitled to. We are proud to fight for you after you have been injured through no fault of your own.
Our legal team understands how serious injuries can impact your life – financially, emotionally, and physically. With so much at stake, you deserve a personal injury lawyer who will aggressively fight for your rights. When you hire our law firm for help with your personal injury claim, we offer the following services:
- Explain the process from start to finish so you know what to expect;
- Investigate the claim;
- Set up your claim with the insurance company of the at-fault party and handle all communication with them;
- In car accident cases, seek coverage from your own PIP coverage from your auto insurance policy and if benefits are denied, file for arbitration;
- Gather necessary evidence and prepare a demand letter to the insurance company and handle all negotiations;
- If we are unable to settle your case, start a lawsuit against the entity or person responsible for the injuries you sustained;
The process all begins with an initial consultation where we gather information and determine if you have a viable personal injury claim to pursue.
Do You Have a Viable Personal Injury Claim in Alexandria, MN?
When seeking compensation in an Alexandria personal injury lawsuit, the burden of proof is on you (and your attorney) to show that the at-fault party caused the incident that caused you to experience an injury.
Attempting to build a case to prove this is time-consuming and complex. Many injury victims cannot investigate all the details related to their situation that are necessary to prove fault.
At Nelson Personal Injury, LLC, our legal team can review all the available evidence and information to determine if you have adequate grounds to pursue a claim for damages. If we determine you have a case worth pursuing, our legal team will work to build a case and gather evidence to prove the elements of negligence, which is necessary for any personal injury claim.
The Four Elements of Negligence
Four elements of negligence must be proven to make your case successful. These include the following:
- Duty of Care: You must show the alleged at-fault party owed you a duty of care to act reasonably to help you avoid being injured.
- Breach of the Duty of Care: You must show that the other party did not adhere to the duty of care, and this failure resulted in your injury.
- Causal Link Between Your Injuries and a Breach of Duty: You must show that the breach of duty is the direct cause of the accident and your injuries.
- Damages: You must suffer damages due to the breach and accident.
Several situations may cause personal injury, including the following:
- Motor vehicle accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Medical malpractice;
- Work injuries;
- Truck accidents;
- Dog bites;
- Boat Accidents;
- Construction accidents;
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents;
- Slip and fall accidents;
Our licensed Minnesota personal injury lawyers have decades of experience building strong cases for our clients. We are ready to take your call and help you with the same level of commitment and professionalism that our law firm is known for.
Determining the Value of Your Personal Injury Claim
If you pursue a personal injury claim, you can recover compensation for several types of damages.
The damages are typically determined by looking at how your injuries have impacted you mentally, physically, and financially. With the help of your attorney, you must show how your injuries have impacted your life and what damages they caused. Since each case is unique, we recommend that you get in touch to discuss your situation in detail.
Depending on the situation, it may be possible for you to recover some of the following types of compensation:
The cost of your medical care after an accident is often significant. You may seek reimbursement for treatment you have received or compensation for future medical care needed to help with your recovery. Some of the medical-related losses you may be able to recover include the following:
- Medical treatments;
- Ambulance transportation;
- Chiropractic care;
- Dental services;
- Medical testing and imaging;
- Travel expenses to doctor visits;
- Medical equipment;
- Prescription medications;
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation; and
- Prosthetic devices
You can also collect damages for the property you lost or that was damaged during the incident. In some situations, you can recover damages to repair or replace the lost property for fair market value. This may include reimbursement for property damaged experienced in a truck, motor vehicle, or motorcycle accident.
Loss of Income
After an injury, you may be unable to return to work for a few days, weeks, months, or longer. Since you will likely lose income during this time away, you can include the value of this lost income in your claim. You can also include lost future income in your claim in some situations.
Pain and Suffering
It is not unusual for accident victims to experience pain and discomfort due to their injuries after an accident. While determining the value of these damages can be complicated, our legal team can ensure you are fairly compensated for your accident-related pain and suffering.
Our Legal Team Is Here to Help with Your Personal Injury Claim in Alexandria, MN
It is not unusual for accident victims to feel overwhelmed and frustrated after an accident. However, you have options and our team at Nelson Personal Injury, LLC, is ready to help you recover the full amount of compensation you are entitled to. Contact our office to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your case. We will be happy to help you recover the compensation you are entitled to.
Northwest Professional Center
2351 Connecticut Ave., Suite 130
Sartell, MN 56377
PO Box 2388
St. Cloud, MN 56302