3 Important Steps After A Car Accident:
- Get basic information
- Get the other party’s insurance information
- Call the police to file a police report
- Take photographs & document the evidence
- Take photographs of the property damage
- Take photographs of the intersection where the accident happened
- Preserve the evidence with photos
- Seek appropriate medical care
Car accidents can happen any time and anywhere. This includes public roads, parking lots and even on private property. Injuries from car accidents can affect your life in ways few people consider. As a result, you may be losing time from work, dealing with medical bills, running to medical appointments, and struggling just to deal with the most basic aspects of your daily life. Furthermore, car accident victims are left trying to navigate the confusing and complex insurance claims process, which can be frustrating, and fraught with traps for the unwary.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, you may have two, and sometimes three potential insurance claims. These include no-fault claims, personal injury claims and “underinsured” or “uninsured” motorist claims, depending on the circumstances.